OMC is committed to developing the full potential of the borough’s indigenous and Muslim communities, addressing inequality and promoting social inclusion through the one voice of the OMC.
OMC will actively encourage Mosques to promote, ‘no room for intolerance, racism or any form of extremism’ in Oldham if we are to achieve the ONE Oldham vision.
- To raise issues of the Muslim community that affects them locally, nationally and internationally.
- To tackle the issues by raising awareness of Islam in the wider community through ‘myth busting’.
- Strengthening the voice and the representation of the Muslim community in the Oldham borough at every level.
- To promote community cohesion and integration in partnership with partner agencies and other faith communities throughout the borough.
- To ensure OMC becomes a beacon of the borough.
- To build strong links and support the Oldham Inter-faith Forum.
- To create and promote a better understanding between Muslims and other faith communities and agencies, to create community cohesion, so that we are united in our aims for the betterment of all our communities in the Oldham borough.
- To develop consultation mechanisms, networks and partnerships with diverse communities.
- To advise the Local Strategic Partnership, OMBC, Police, Health, education and other strategic authorities on all matters relating to Muslim communities.
Qari Abdul Shakoor
Qari M A Shakir
Mufti Helal Mahmood MBE